UIL Academic Eligibility Calendar
This document is intended to bring clarity to the eligibility calendar for UIL participants. Specifically, be aware of the following issues:
● Grace periods for academic eligibility are seven (7) calendar days after the evaluation, with the exception of holidays.
● Academic Eligibility is determined from nine-week grades, not semester grades.
● After the 1st six weeks academic eligibility check, students may only lose academic eligibility at the nine weeks grading report.
● Students can regain academic eligibility at the three weeks progress reports, and at the nine weeks grading report. ● Students gain or lose eligibility at the end of the school day.
● All students are academically eligible during the Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring Break holidays.
● Following Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring Break holidays, ineligible students return to being ineligible until the next grade check and grace period.
● All students are academically eligible through the summer.
● Total credits from the previous year determine the first six weeks eligibility for 10th-12th students. The 2nd year of high school, they need 5 credits. 3rd year = 10 credits. 4th year = 15 credits. For 7th-9th students, promotion to the next grade means they are eligible the first six weeks.