LOCAL SCHOLARSHIPS - SENIORS 2019
- Trinity Valley Community College / TVCC Athens (February 23rd) - TVCC Choir is having a KARAOKE SCHOLARSHIP NIGHT from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. in the TVCC Athens Fine Art Bldg. Scholarships start at $400 per semester and up. Bring your favorite song and show off your chops!
- Texas Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Scholarship (Due to the organization by MARCH 1st) - Must have asthma and plan to attend college after high school. There are several requirements including application, resume, two essays, parent statement of financial need, counselor letter, and teacher letter.
- Texas Telephone Association (Due in the Counseling Office by MARCH 22ND) - Must have at least a 3.0 GPA, plan to attend a Texas college or university AND must have the letter or acceptance to the school, copy of FAFSA SAR. COMPLETED applications w/ all required information must be turned into the Counseling Office by March 22nd. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- TVEC Scholarship (Due in Counseling Office by MARCH 22nd) - Must be in top 20% of class (ranked #1-47) and parents pay their electric bill to Trinity Valley Electric Coop. Form must be completely filled out and signed.
- Crandall MS/HS PTO Scholarship (Due in Counseling Office by April 12th) - Parents must be a member of the Crandall Middle School or High School PTO by December 1st of this year. Must have at least a 3.2 GPA. There are multiple parts to this scholarship, including letter of recommendation, resume, short answer responses, and essay. Incomplete applications without all requirements will NOT be submitted.
SEARCH ENGINES, NATIONAL & STATE SCHOLARSHIPS
- Ronald McDonald House Scholarship (Due to the organization by Feb 28th) - This is due to the organization by February 28th. We have a few copies outside the counseling office.
SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH ENGINES
- Scholarship search engine, college info, and more
- Scholarship search engine, college info, and more
SPECIFIC NATIONAL & STATEWIDE SCHOLARSHIPS
Discover Student Loans - Throughout the year, 11 eligible students or parents will be randomly selected to win a $10,000 Discover Student Loans Scholarship Award to help cover college expenses.
Dept of Transportation Grant Program
- A conditional grant program for economically disadvantaged students with a 3.0 or higher GPA, 900 on SAT or 21 on ACT, attending a public university or college, and majoring in civil engineering or business discipline. (Deadline March 1, 2018)
2018 Aspiring Nurse Scholarship
- Scholarship open to all U.S. high school seniors who plan to pursue a college education in nursing (including LPC/LVN, ADN, and BSN program). (Deadline August 31, 2018
Church's Chicken Community Scholars Program
- The Church's Partners Foundation, Inc. (CPF) has established a scholarship program to assist high school seniors residing in fifteen eligible states who plan to continue their education in college or vocational school programs. Scholarships are offered each year for part-time or full-time study at an accredited U.S. institution of the student's choice. (More info soon on deadline - link not available as of 12/7/17.)
Jackie Robinson Foundation - Through its Mentoring & Leadership Development Program, the Jackie Robinson Foundation provides scholarships of up to $28,000/four years to minority high school students showing leadership potential and demonstrating financial need to attend an accredited 4-year college or university of their choice. (Deadline February 1, 2018)
Don't Mess With Texas
- The Don't Mess with Texas Scholarship, sponsored by Forestar, recognizes the achievements of high school seniors who have taken leadership roles to prevent litter in their schools and communities. Any high school senior planning to pursue a two- or four-year degree at an accredited Texas college or university next year and currently attending public, private, or home school in Texas may apply. One $6,000 scholarship and two $2,000 scholarships will be awarded this spring. (More info soon on deadline - link not available as of 12/7/17.
Texas Student Housing
- This scholarship is open to all students accepted to colleges in Austin, College Station, or Denton, Texas that have not signed off campus housing leases. Please note- UNT and TWU restrict freshman from living off campus. (Deadline January 31, 2018)
GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarships
GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program annually awards roughly 20 college bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship with $10,000 renewable scholarships up to $40,000 total per recipient. For more information, eligibility requirements, and online application, click link above.
Ron Brown Scholarship
- A selective scholarship program that advances higher education for community-minded and intellectually gifted African Americans.
United Negro College Fund Scholarships - UNCF scholarships, programs, internships and fellowships website. UNCF manages various scholarship programs and each program has its own eligibility criteria, open/close dates and required documentation. To apply for a UNCF scholarship, you must apply through the on-line application process. As many of the UNCF scholarships require that the scholarship recipient apply for Federal Student Aid, it is recommended that applicants complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). (Various Deadlines)
Thurgood Marshall Scholarships - TMCF awards nearly 500 scholarships a year to high-achieving students. Click the link for a list of all current scholarships.
Gates Millennium Scholarship -
The Gates Millennium Scholars (GMS) program, established in 1999, is a 1.6 billion dollar initiative funded by grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The goal of the GMS program is to promote academic excellence and to provide an opportunity for outstanding minority students with significant financial need to reach their highest potential.
LULAC Scholarships - The League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), has considered education its number one priority since it was established in 1929. As part of LULAC’s education efforts, the LULAC National Scholarship Fund (LNSF) was established in 1975 to provide scholarships to Hispanic students attending colleges and universities.