LOCAL SCHOLARSHIPS - SENIORS 2019
- Black & Gold Scholarship (Due on-line by April 5th) - Must be submitted on-line by April 5th.
This MUST be done ON-LINE ONLY. There are not paper copies of this scholarship.
- Trinity Valley Community College - TVCC Scholarships (Due to Counseling Office by April 10th) - For TVCC students only. Must attach a signed letter explaining why you desire the scholarships requests (include high school activities & honors). Also must attach two signed letters of recommendation (get from teachers, sponsors, coaches, etc.) and a transcript (get from your counselor). Must be turned into the COUNSELING OFFICE by April 10th. Be sure you look through the lists of scholarships available and list those that you are applying for and would be eligible for. See your counselor for questions.
- Crandall MS/HS PTO Scholarship (Due in Counseling Office by April 12th) - Parents must be a member of the Crandall Middle School or High School PTO by December 1st of this year. Must have at least a 3.2 GPA. There are multiple parts to this scholarship, including letter of recommendation, resume, short answer responses, and essay. Incomplete applications without all requirements will NOT be submitted.
- TVYSA Robert Long Scholarship (Due in Counseling Office by April 17th) - Requirements are: 1) varsity sport participation at CHS; 2) transcript attached w/ 3.0 gpa or above; 3) participation with TVYSA; 4) questionnaire application and interview.
- Crandall Chamber of Commerce (Due in Counseling Office by April 15th) - Must submit application with short essay to the counseling office by April 15th.
- Bloomfield Lodge #112-Kaufman (Due to the organization by April 30th) - Must complete short form and essay and mail to the address found on the application.
- Kaufman County Gardeners Association Scholarship (Due to organization by April 22nd) - Students must be a resident of Kaufman County and major in college in Botany, Entomology, Environmental Science, Forestry, Horticulture, or Agriculture Leadership.
SEARCH ENGINES, NATIONAL & STATE SCHOLARSHIPS
SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH ENGINES
Fast Web - Scholarship search engine, college info, and more
Scholarships.com - Scholarship search engine, college info, and more
Collegeboard Scholarship Search - Scholarship search engine with Collegeboard.com
Student Scholarships - Student Scholarships w/ career info as well
Financial Aid & Scholarships - Scholarships and financial aid information
College Net - Scholarship search engine, college info, and more
Scholarship Monkey - Scholarship search engine
Adventures in Education - Scholarship search engine
Free 4 U Scholarships - Scholarship search engine
SPECIFIC NATIONAL & STATEWIDE SCHOLARSHIPS
Discover Student Loans - Throughout the year, 11 eligible students or parents will be randomly selected to win a $10,000 Discover Student Loans Scholarship Award to help cover college expenses.
Dallas Scottish Rite Library & Museum Scholarship - Click on this link below to complete form on-line. Deadline February 28, 2018)
Texas A & M Commerce Honors College & Regents Scholars Programs - These are offered only at Texas A & M Commerce and pay for 100% of tuition, fees, room & board (for Honors College), and pay for 50% of tuition, fees, room & board (for Regents Scholars). (Deadline January 1, 2018)
2018 Summit Disability Law Group Scholarship - Available to students who have a physician documented disability. (Deadline August 1, 2018)
Dept of Transportation Grant Program - A conditional grant program for economically disadvantaged students with a 3.0 or higher GPA, 900 on SAT or 21 on ACT, attending a public university or college, and majoring in civil engineering or business discipline. (Deadline March 1, 2018)
2018 Aspiring Nurse Scholarship - Scholarship open to all U.S. high school seniors who plan to pursue a college education in nursing (including LPC/LVN, ADN, and BSN program). (Deadline August 31, 2018)
Church's Chicken Community Scholars Program - The Church's Partners Foundation, Inc. (CPF) has established a scholarship program to assist high school seniors residing in fifteen eligible states who plan to continue their education in college or vocational school programs. Scholarships are offered each year for part-time or full-time study at an accredited U.S. institution of the student's choice. (More info soon on deadline - link not available as of 12/7/17.)
Jackie Robinson Foundation - Through its Mentoring & Leadership Development Program, the Jackie Robinson Foundation provides scholarships of up to $28,000/four years to minority high school students showing leadership potential and demonstrating financial need to attend an accredited 4-year college or university of their choice. (Deadline February 1, 2018)
FFA Scholarships - FFA Scholarships (Various Deadlines)
Athletic Scholarships - Athletic scholarships (Various Deadlines)
Don't Mess With Texas - The Don't Mess with Texas Scholarship, sponsored by Forestar, recognizes the achievements of high school seniors who have taken leadership roles to prevent litter in their schools and communities. Any high school senior planning to pursue a two- or four-year degree at an accredited Texas college or university next year and currently attending public, private, or home school in Texas may apply. One $6,000 scholarship and two $2,000 scholarships will be awarded this spring. (More info soon on deadline - link not available as of 12/7/17.)
Texas Student Housing - This scholarship is open to all students accepted to colleges in Austin, College Station, or Denton, Texas that have not signed off campus housing leases. Please note- UNT and TWU restrict freshman from living off campus. (Deadline January 31, 2018)
Burger King Scholarships - Application window only open from October 15 - December 15 each year.
Foot Locker Scholar Athletes - Foot Locker Scholar Athletes (Deadline December 15, 2018)
Hunt Leadership Scholarship - SMU - The Hunt Leadership Scholarship provides full SMU tuition and fees.
Common Knowledge Scholarship Foundation - Monthly internet-based quizzes for scholarships.
GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarships - The GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program annually awards roughly 20 college bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship with $10,000 renewable scholarships up to $40,000 total per recipient. For more information, eligibility requirements, and online application, click link above.
Ron Brown Scholarship - A selective scholarship program that advances higher education for community-minded and intellectually gifted African Americans.
United Negro College Fund Scholarships - UNCF scholarships, programs, internships and fellowships website. UNCF manages various scholarship programs and each program has its own eligibility criteria, open/close dates and required documentation. To apply for a UNCF scholarship, you must apply through the on-line application process. As many of the UNCF scholarships require that the scholarship recipient apply for Federal Student Aid, it is recommended that applicants complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). (Various Deadlines)
Thurgood Marshall Scholarships - TMCF awards nearly 500 scholarships a year to high-achieving students. Click the link for a list of all current scholarships.
Gates Millennium Scholarship - The Gates Millennium Scholars (GMS) program, established in 1999, is a 1.6 billion dollar initiative funded by grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The goal of the GMS program is to promote academic excellence and to provide an opportunity for outstanding minority students with significant financial need to reach their highest potential.
Black Excel Scholarship Search - Black Excel was recently named as a major college help resource in editions of Ebony and Black Enterprise magazines.
LULAC Scholarships - The League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), has considered education its number one priority since it was established in 1929. As part of LULAC’s education efforts, the LULAC National Scholarship Fund (LNSF) was established in 1975 to provide scholarships to Hispanic students attending colleges and universities.
Dallas Society of Women Engineers Scholarship - A scholarship for female high school graduates majoring in engineering. (Deadline April 15, 2018)
Scholarship & Financial Aid Scams - Article about scholarship and financial aid scams.