1. The parent/legal guardian is the initial contact.
2. If the initial contact is unable to be reached, persons authorized on the student's AGR card will be contacted.
To minimize the spread of illness, DO NOT send your child to school if they have:
- Uncontrolled coughing
- Trouble breathing
- Eye: excessive drainage or watering; discharge; itching; redness
If a child has had fever, vomiting or diarrhea they should remain at home until they no longer have fever, vomiting or diarrhea for at least 24 hours without the use of fever reducing, antiemetic’s or antidiarrheal medications.
If your child has an infectious illness which requires medication that involves antibiotics (i.e. strep, pink eye, etc.), according to the State of Texas guidelines and district policy, the child must be on medication for 24 hours before returning to school.
Please remember that we CANNOT diagnose medical conditions. Therefore if you believe an injury or sickness is present, please contact your private health care provider.
Returning to School
Students excluded from school for reason of communicable disease may be readmitted by one of the following methods:
1. The child must be fever-free and free of vomiting or diarrhea for 24 consecutive hours without the use of medications.
2. Documentation from the child's physician stating they are released to return to school.